It’s that time of year again to adopt your 2015 family(s) for the Holiday Sponsorship Program at Save the Family. We invite you to join us again this year in making the holidays special for a family in need.
If you are looking to sponsor a family for Thanksgiving this year, the cost will be approximately $60/per family.
For our Christmas sponsorship, all family members are asked to submit “wish lists” and we ask that you plan on spending approximately $80-100/per person. You can choose the size of family you wish to sponsor based on your budget.
We hope you will consider supporting this important program this year so that the many families we serve can look forward to a joyful holiday season.
If you are interested in sponsoring a family for Thanksgiving, Christmas or BOTH, please call our Holiday Sponsorship Volunteer line at 480.898.0228 ext. 216 or email holidays@nullSavetheFamily.org
We look forward to this year’s HOLIDAY SEASON and THANK YOU AGAIN for your continued support!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I sponsor a family for both Thanksgiving and the Holidays?
- Absolutely! Sponsors can choose whether they would like to sponsor a family for Thanksgiving, the Holidays – or both!
- Can we meet the family we sponsor?
- Unfortunately, no. While you may be able to choose the profile of the family you sponsor, such as a single mom with toddler age children, it is not possible to know the identity of the family, or to meet with them. Many of the client families in Save the Family’s program come from a background of domestic violence. Consequently, client confidentiality is of the utmost importance to Save the Family.
- How will we know that our family received their gifts?
- Sponsors will receive a Thank You card, and sometimes a photo, from the family.
- How much will we spend on a family for the Holidays?
- Families are asked to keep their wish lists reasonable. It is important to not encourage an expectation of higher prices gifts that cannot be maintained outside of our program. A holiday sponsorship will generally cost around $80.00-$100.00 per family member, including the holiday meal. (Thanksgiving baskets are approximately $60.00).
- What is an “In-Kind” form and why is it important?
- The “In-Kind” form is very important to Save the Family because it allows us to keep track of volunteer hours and donations that directly benefit our clients – that information can be helpful in applying for certain funding grants. The “In-Kind” form is important for you, the sponsor, because it serves as your receipt for tax purposes.
- If we leave a message on the Holiday Hotline, when will our call be returned?
- Your call will be returned by Save the Family within two business days.
- Why do we need to put our items in a sturdy laundry basket or clear plastic storage box?
- Client families can use the baskets or boxes in the future, and using relatively uniform size and shape containers makes delivery much more manageable for the Save the Family team.
- What are the scheduled delivery days for dropping off our sponsorship donations?
- Thanksgiving Deliveries are scheduled from 8am-4pm on Monday, November 23th.
- Holiday Deliveries are scheduled from 8am-4pm on Friday, December 18th and 8am -12pm Saturday, December 19th.
- Why is it important to stick to our assigned delivery date and time?
- All Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets and Holiday Packages are dropped off at Save the Family and then re-delivered to our client’s homes on the same day during our scheduled drop-off and delivery days. This is a carefully orchestrated process that requires precise scheduling. If you run into a conflict with your scheduled drop-off time please call the Holiday Sponsorship Hotline at 480-898-0228 ext. 216 as soon as possible to arrange a new time.
- Where will we go to drop off our Holiday deliveries?
- All Holiday deliveries are dropped off at the Save the Family administrative offices, located at 125 E. University Dr., Mesa, AZ 85201. Further instructions will be provided once you sign up.
- Our group is interested in staying involved throughout the year – are there other things we can do?
- Absolutely! We have a wide range of projects for individuals to large groups – contact us for information about how you can support our work throughout the year. Call our volunteer department at 480-898-0228 x 201 for more information.