Career Development Services
Family homelessness cannot be ended or avoided without addressing poverty, including unemployment and earned income at below a livable wage. Through individualized career development services, adults increase their ability to obtain higher-paying and/or more fulfilling jobs with assistance practicing their interviewing skills, learning standards of professional behavior, completing resumes and job applications, and job searching.
Career Development Center
Save the Family helps adults overcome barriers to full-time employment at a livable wage by providing the following services through our Career Development Center:
Training and Support
- Job Club is a weekly job skills workshop presented in partnership with the business community where adults learn employment strategies. Adults gain knowledge and confidence to conduct themselves professionally during interviews and at work, including reliability in the workforce. Job Club workshops provide excellent opportunities for clients to meet with hiring managers in a supportive setting, which can expedite job interview process and potential placement.
- GED tutoring and classes scheduled in partnership with the local education community.
- Onsite volunteer support, including AmeriCorps and other community volunteers, to help with general job searching questions, mock interviews, and resume building.
- Short-term vocational training on a limited basis.
- Computer bays
- Phone access
- Copy machine
- Fax machine
- Job leads postings
- Job fairs postings
- Labor Market information
- Community resources related to career services posted by organizations, such as Fresh Start, Goodwill, Maricopa Workforce Connections, etc.
- Collaboration with St. Joseph the Worker
- Collaboration with Mesa Community College
- Referrals to salons and stylist for haircuts
- Referrals for bicycles
- Funding available to pay for job readiness needs, such as CPR, First Aid, work boots, flash drives, uniforms, etc.
- Kid’s Care Room expanded into Little Kids Works and available for parents
- Professional clothing closet
Career Development Center Hours
Typically open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. After hours available for individuals who are unable to access services during normal business hours.