COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program
Save the Family has been allocated funding through the CARES Act to help families in Gilbert and Mesa avoid eviction due to COVID-19 related financial hardship.
If you are a Gilbert or Mesa resident and have suffered financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for Save the Family’s Eviction Prevention Program.
Applications for the program are not currently available.
The application MUST be submitted IN FULL with all required documents in order for it to be considered.
Please drop off applications in person at Save the Family’s headquarters at 125 E University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85201, or you may fax the application and all supporting documents to Save the Family at (480) 898-1191.
- PROOF OF IDENTITY:
- Copy of Driver License or State of Arizona ID, etc. for all adult household members
- Copy of Birth Certificate (All Household Members)
- Copy of Social Security Card (All Household Members)
- In the absence of the documents above, a consular ID, foreign passport, federal issued document or work permit, medical records or school or employment records may also be considered. In the absence of all the above, self-certification or third-party certification may also be considered
- LEASE AGREEMENT: Copy of current lease agreement
- RENT/ MORTGAGE: Most recent rent/ mortgage payment statement (coupon not acceptable). Verification of delinquent housing such as eviction notice or mortgage late notice
- TAX RETURNS: Previous two years tax return. (All adult household members)
- ASSETS: Provide the two most current months statements for all assets (all household members) including, but not limited, to:
|Checking Accounts||IRA, Roth IRA||Insurance Policies|
|Savings Accounts||401k||Trust Funds|
|Direct Deposit/Debit Cards||Bonds||Equity In Real Property|
|Certificates of Deposit (CD)||Stocks||Other Financial Investments|
- INCOME: Provide current income documentation for adult household members including, but not limited, to:
|Employment/Job Training||The last two months of current and consecutive pay stubs. Payroll printout. Letter from employer indicating hours worked weekly and hourly pay. Letter from employer should also indicate whether employment or wages have been modified as a result of COVID-19.|
|Unemployment Benefits||Current benefit letter. Print out from Unemployment.|
|Public Assistance||Most recent DES benefit letter.|
|Social Security/SSI||Most recent benefit award letter. 1-800-772-1213 www.ssa.gov|
|Veterans (V.A.) Benefits||Most recent benefit award letter. 1-800-827-1000|
|Worker’s Compensation||A statement from employer, insurance company, law firm, etc., showing your awarded amount.|
|Alimony||A copy of the court order or a statement with the amount and frequency.|
|Regular Contributions or Gifts||Provide a statement from the organization or individual indicating amount received, name, address, and phone number.|
|Child Support||Printout from Child Support Agency for the last 12 months, including dollar amount received. For support not paid through the Office of Support Enforcement, submit a statement from the person providing the support, including monthly amount, address, and phone number.|
|Retirement Pension/Annuities||A statement from the account administrator verifying your gross monthly benefit.|
|Trust||Verification from the trust administrator of the current value of the trust, the type of trust (irrevocable or revocable), and the date & type of any disbursements over the past twelve months|
|Self-Employment||Profit and Loss statement.|
|Student Status/IncomeFor adults enrolled in school (18+)||Verification of full- or part-time student status, tuition expenses, financial aid, scholarships, and/or grant income.|
|Proof of COVID||Letter from employer stating furlough or loss of hours due to COVID-19; OR Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Award letter; OR Positive COVID-19 test resulting in unpaid time from work or loss of daycare, must be provided with letter from employer confirming.|
You may drop off completed applications in person at 125 E. University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85201 or fax to (480) 898-1191. YOU MUST SUBMIT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION TOGETHER. That requires the above documents required be copied and included with your application packet. Please be sure that you have each and every supporting document with your application or it will be rejected.