Home > Eviction Prevention Programs – COVID-19 Resources

COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program

Save the Family has been allocated funding through the CARES Act to help families in Mesa  avoid eviction due to COVID-19 related financial hardship.

If you are a Mesa resident and have suffered financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for Save the Family’s Eviction Prevention Program.

Applications for the program are available below:

Mesa Application in Word / Mesa Application in PDF

The application MUST be submitted IN FULL with all required documents in order for it to be considered.

Please drop off applications in person at Save the Family’s headquarters at 125 E University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85201, or you may fax the application and all supporting documents to Save the Family at (480) 898-1191. 



·         Copy of Driver License or State of Arizona ID, etc. for all adult household members

·         Copy of Birth Certificate (All Household Members)

·         Copy of Social Security Card (All Household Members)

LEASE AGREEMENT: Copy of current lease agreement

RENT/ MORTGAGE: Most recent rent/ mortgage payment statement (coupon not acceptable). Verification of delinquent housing such as eviction notice or mortgage late notice

TAX RETURNS: Previous two years tax return. (All adult household members)

ASSETS: Provide the two most current months statements for all assets (All Household Members) including, but not limited, to:

·         Checking Accounts

·         Savings Accounts

·         Direct Deposit/Debit Cards

·         Certificates of Deposit (CD)

  • IRA, Roth IRA
  • 401k
  • Bonds
  • Stocks
·         Insurance Policies

·         Trust Funds

·         Equity In Real Property

·         Other Financial Investments

INCOME: Provide current income documentation for adult household members including, but not limited, to:
Employment/Job Training The last two months of current and consecutive pay stubs. Payroll printout. Letter from employer indicating hours worked weekly and hourly pay.
Unemployment Benefits Current benefit letter. Print out from Unemployment.
Public Assistance Most recent DES benefit letter.
Social Security/SSI Most recent benefit award letter. 1-800-772-1213     www.ssa.gov
Veterans (V.A.) Benefits Most recent benefit award letter. 1-800-827-1000
Worker’s Compensation A statement from employer, insurance company, law firm, etc., showing your awarded amount.
Alimony A copy of the court order or a statement with the amount and frequency.
Regular Contributions or Gifts Provide a statement from the organization or individual indicating amount received, name, address, and phone number.
Child Support Printout from Child Support Agency for the last 12 months, including dollar amount received. For support not paid through the Office of Support Enforcement, submit a statement from the person providing the support, including monthly amount, address, and phone number.
Retirement Pension/Annuities A statement from the account administrator verifying your gross monthly benefit.
Trust Verification from the trust administrator of the current value of the trust, the type of trust (irrevocable or revocable), and the date & type of any disbursements over the past twelve months
Self-Employment Profit and Loss statement.
Student Status/Income

For adults enrolled in school (18+)

Verification of full- or part-time student status, tuition expenses, financial aid, scholarships, and/or grant income.
Proof of COVID Letter from employer stating furlough or loss of hours due to COVID-19; OR Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Award letter; OR Positive COVID-19 test resulting in unpaid time from work or loss of daycare, must be provided with letter from employer confirming.

You may drop off completed applications in person at 125 E. University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85201 or fax is to (480) 898-1191.YOU MUST SUBMIT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION TOGETHER. That requires the above required documents be copied and included with your application packet. Please be sure that you have each and every supporting document with your application or it will be rejected.