Save the Family is a SNAP Partner Agency and can assist individuals and families with completing their application and offer relevant information to those interested in applying.
Eligibility screenings and application assistance are free and confidential.
For enrollment you will need:
- Social Security cards for all household members
- ID for all adults in household
- Birth Certificates for persons 17 and younger
- Immigration Status
- Medical Expenses
- Earned Income
- Unearned Income
For questions or to schedule an appointment* call 480.898.0228 ext. 100 & 101
*An appointment is needed in order to enroll.
About the SNAP:
In 2008, the U.S. Congress changed the name of the Food Stamp Program to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
The new name better reflects the goal of the program. It helps to provide healthy food to low-income families with children and vulnerable adults. In addition, the term “food stamps” is outdated, since DES replaced paper coupons with more efficient electronic debit cards.
– poor diets contribute to serious health problems in adults, especially the elderly;
– poor diets can cause impaired brain development in children, creating a greater risk of educational failure; and
– healthy food can lead to better school performance for children and better health outcomes for both children and adults.